|Traffic Advisory: Weekend Events and Street Closures|
Avon Walk for Breast CancerThe Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1, from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm. The walk will form on the National Monument Grounds and will proceed over the following route:
- West on the gravel walkway along Constitution Avenue to Washington Memorial Driveway, continues around Washington Memorial Driveway to Jefferson Drive, SW
- Southeast on Jefferson Drive to 14th Street, NW
- North on 14th Street to Constitution Ave NW
- The walk will disband on the grounds of the monument.
However, motorists could still encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes.
Race for Hope 5KThe Race for Hope 5K walk/run is scheduled to be held on Sunday, May 1. In order to facilitate this event there will be no vehicular traffic allowed along the route of the race. The race will begin at 9:00 am and end at approximately 11:00 am. The related street closures will begin at 5:00 am. All streets affected by this event are expected to be reopened at approximately 11 am, depending on prevailing conditions. Motorists should expect delays during the race.
- 13th Street between E Street & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Pennsylvania Ave. between 14th & 3rd Streets, NW
- 3rd Street from Pennsylvania Ave., NW to E Street, SW
- E Street, SW from 4th to 3rd Streets
- 4th Street from E Street to Independence Ave., SW
- Independence Ave. from 4th to 3rd Streets, SW
- Maryland Ave. from 3rd Street, SW to 1st Street, NW
- 1st Street to Constitution Ave., NW
- Constitution Ave., from 1st Street to Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Starting at 12th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW heading east on Pennsylvania Ave
- South on 3rd Street NW
- West on Independence Ave., SW
- South on 4th Street, SW
- East on E Street, SW
- North on 3rd Street, SW
- East on Maryland Ave., SW
- North on 1st Street, NW
- West on Constitution Ave., NW continuing onto Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Finishing at 12th Street & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions. Motorists could encounter delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes.